GROUP RIDES

You are here:

Home Forums Cycling Forum Safety Initiatives

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RuthP 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

KBC Admin
    Keymaster

I want to hear people’s ideas on how we can make Brisbane the safest cycling city in Australia? Please let me know your thoughts.

KBC Admin
    Keymaster

Do you think it’s a good idea to have more signs up around Brisbane so that motorists know about the 1-metre rule?

hannt84
    Participant

Advertising is the key to the 1m rule – since it was brought in on Jan 1st, there’s been no further mention of it from the government. TV ads and putting notices up on the big, electronic traffic boards along the major routes.

RuthP
    Participant

I only discovered a week or so back that the 1m rule trial hasn’t actually been given a date to start yet. It’s not in force. That’s why there’s been no advertising. I know all the cycling forums etc. were calling it January 1, but it hasn’t actually happened.

Scott Emmerson on 29 November 2013:

“I will take the next few months to consider the full report but I will be supporting recommendation 8, or the so-called one-metre rule.”

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Statement/2013/11/29/committee-recommends-cycling-law-overhaul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.